MHP is growing and adding to their staff!
The core responsibilities of this position include: providing administrative assistance to the partners assigned by answering phone calls, managing calendars and events, drafting and proof-reading letters and documents, and other duties as assigned by partners/managers.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the partners they are assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of administrative experience in a professional service environment.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Functions: To perform successfully in this position, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily as well as possess education/experience, employ the knowledge, skills, and abilities as listed in representative fashion; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers phone and assists clients for assigned Partners.
- Manages calendar for assigned Partners.
- Maintains meeting arrangements for assigned Partners (agenda development, preparation of meeting materials, room set up, meeting minutes etc.).
- Maintains incoming and outgoing mail for assigned Partners.
- Drafts, edits, proofreads correspondence for assigned Partners or staff.
- Tracks and manages flow of files, materials and mailings related to client tax returns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nonessential Functions: An employee in this position may perform some of these responsibilities on an infrequent basis.
- Acting in a back-up capacity for the Receptionist or another Administrative Assistants.
- May represent McGee, Hearne, & Paiz at community events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate the needs of clients and partners by using effective problem solving skills.
- Advanced working knowledge and ability with personal computing applications – specifically Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Adobe products (e.g., Reader, Professional), as well as database management systems.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions in oral, written, or diagrammatical form (e.g., a flow chart of a process). Ability to read, interpret and consider possible applications of business literature and legal documents.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly with a variety of people, in one-to-one and small group settings – either face-to-face, by telephone, or by other electronic means – ability to communicate in an informative manner, effectively listen, and be able to handle escalating situations with concern and confidence.
- Ability to support time-based requests; able to function effectively in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment with deadlines, frequent interruptions, and some interpersonal pressure.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with people; proven capabilities in establishing appropriate professional rapport, with courtesy and tact, to accurately determine other’s needs, collect necessary information, and follow-through when requested.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including (but not limited to) personal computer and associated peripherals, fax machine, multi-line telephone, voice recorders, and other electronic devices.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to deal with a high level of stressful situations with clients.
- The ability to comply with highly inflexible deadlines is required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; there will be multiple occurrences of sudden, urgent task completion required.
- While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the office space as well as within hallways, meeting rooms.
- There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged personal computer use which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor.
- An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well.
Contact Amy Stinson, Director of Human Resources
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the email address provided below.